Sunday 7 February 2016

Raw chocolate mousse with papaya, blueberry and coconut.


 

Papaya reminds me of my holiday in Bali. I ate it at every opportunity possible! Of course nothing bought here ( in rainy Ireland at the moment) can compete with a tropical fruit grown on the island and then eaten on a white sandy beach.... I wish! 

 However with  storms forecasted and more grey days I wanted something to bring a bit of sunshine, even if just to my plate. This little 'mousse' is adapted from one I saw in a Daylesford organic article it feel's indulgent but acts like a healthy comfort food. Here's the recipe...

Chocolate and chia mousse, with papaya, blueberry and coconut 

180g almond milk
25g of chia seeds
65 ml orange juice 
85g of dates, pitted
1/2 tsp of vanilla paste 
1/2 tsp cinnamon
35 g cacoa powder

Toppings
Goji berries
Coconut flakes
A handful of blueberries
1/2 papaya diced
Raspberries to garnish 
Grated 85% dark chocolate ( I use Green and Blacks) 

1. Place the chia seeds,  almond milk and orange juice in a blender and allow to soak for 30mins. ( this saves with washing up later) 

2. Add the remaining ingredients and blitz together. Depending on the cacao powder you might need to add more almond milk/ orange juice to get a mousse like consistency.

3. Place into bowls and refrigerate for 30 mins.

4. Serve with the toppings scattered ontop and a generous grating of dark chocolate! 



No comments:

Post a Comment